In Arizona, there is always optimism when it comes to quail hunting. Most years, at least in some parts of the state, quail hunting is satisfactory. Even though Gambel’s and scaled quail did not have an optimal hatch, it’s looking like another good year for Mearns’ quail. As usual, in years with a below-average hatch, there are always pockets of good quail numbers. Enough to keep most bird hunters satisfied throughout the day. Besides that, what other state can beat wintertime weather for Arizona bird hunting?
Below is a section included in each What’s Happening Now post. We value your input and interaction with what we post here so we’ve provided a form to submit your comments. We’ll summarize the comments we receive into a condensed, overall response to include in future What’s Happening Now posts.
What do you think?
Update: Previous Question: Do you use brush chaps for quail hunting? If so, what’s your favorite brand?
Response: Most responses were regarding using TurtleSkins.
This month: What do you think as far as a recommended shotgun for Arizona quail hunting and why? Over and under or side by side, pump, or autoloader.
Let us know your thoughts using the form below! We’ll summarize the comments we receive into a condensed, overall response to include in a future What’s Happening Now post.
Tip: Southwest Quail Hunting Tips
Dr. Mike is a long time Arizona quail hunter. Anybody just starting out can learn a lot from his valuable tips but so can those who have many years experience hunting Arizona desert quail.
A helpful addition to Q5 Outdoor Products is the Accessory Recommendations page. These are products that I have found to be greatly beneficial while upland bird hunting. Though I have not personally used all the products listed, others I have hunted with have so I’ve included these products as well. – Dan Priest
Featured Product by Q5
Featured Recommended Product
Leatherman – Sidekick® Multi-Tool, Stainless Steel with Nylon Sheath
– FEATURING 17 TOOLS: Need lenose pliers, regular pliers, 154CM replaceable wire cutters, 154CM replaceable hard-wire cutters, electrical crimper, wire stripper, 420HC knife, 420HC serrated knife, saw, awl w/ thread loop, ruler (8″, 19cm), can opener, bottle opener, wood/metal file, phillips screwdriver, large screwdriver, small screwdriver.
– 420HC Stainless Steel: An improved, high-carbon (HC) form of 420 stainless steel that works well with high production tooling. 420HC’s strength is optimized in Leatherman multi-tools by heat treatment.
– 154CM Stainless Steel: A high carbon, high alloy, and corrosion resistant stainless steel that holds its edge three times as long as 420 stainless steel. This steel is used on some premium Leatherman tool features, such as knife blades and wire cutters.
– Black Oxide: Black oxide is a powder-based metal coating. Ideal for situations where giving away a position would be costly, it is widely used by the military for its effectiveness in reducing glare and reflection.
– ONE TOOL. A COUPLE THOUSAND USES.
Like them on !
Help Support AQT!
Be a part of AQT and promote your business/product at the same time! With over 3,800 monthly visits to AZQuailToday.com, our site is a great way to promote your business or product while helping kids experience the outdoors, many for the first time, through Arizona Outdoor Adventures!